Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Priest Recruitments are Up

The report from Channel 9 is now posted. Quoted during the story were two of my former students:

Schnippel reaches out to students at Catholic schools including Elder High School.
Schnippel tells them about the various careers one can choose within the church.
"His sermons and times I've heard him talk have made me think about whether I want to join the priesthood or what I want to do for the rest of my life," said Elder senior, Kyle Smith.
Chad Ratterman, also a senior at Elder, said the talks have been helpful as he plans his future.
"Just being able to hear him talk about vocations has really led me to start to think about what I want to do with my life and what my vocation will probably be," said Ratterman.


I think I need to go back and raise their grades!

A big thanks to Mark DiStasi and Jeff Brogan who work at Channel 9 for helping to put this together, in addition to Jenell Walton for the well done report.

The article is a transcript of the segment, but I can't seem to find the video just yet.

No comments: