Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Silence is Broken!

Ok, I've been gone from the place and it's a bit dusty around here, and the piles of things that need attended to are worse than the piles on my desk at the office! YIKES!

To begin with, many thanks for the prayers for Grandma. While Hospice has been called in, she is not yet 'actively' dieing. It seems the infection that she has is starting to spread. Mom, Dad and I are going to sit down this weekend and plan out her funeral liturgy, which is not something that I am particularly looking forward to. Please continue to keep her in prayer. (The complicating factor is that Mom, Dad and I have planned a trip to Rome in the middle of February....)

This week is National Vocation Awareness Week, so extra prayers for that is always appreciated. For plans on what to do in the parish and/or school, see here.

The Son Rise Morning Show on Sacred Heart Radio is heavily focused on Vocations this week in response. I'll be on during the new eight o'clock hour on Friday, as always you can listen in.

Also on Friday, I've been asked to be the priest celebrant for the Mass for Life at Noon, also on Sacred Heart Radio. The Mass is broadcast from the old seminary chapel at the Holy Spirit Center, and this time there will be seminarians in attendance!

An update on my friend who had a significant heart attack just before Christmas: he's doing great! (Thanks be to God!) He was home a few days later, and even attended Sunday Mass that weekend! He still gets tired easily, and with seven children to attend to... (ages 20 to 4). I'm sure they appreciate any extra prayers as well.

Other than that, I am about to go on a full force attack of the animal currently living on my desk, if you don't hear from me in the next few days, forward my mail!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Atleast you know there is a desk under there, I haven't seen mine in so long I am beginning to doubt that it is anything but stacks of paper.