Friday, November 12, 2010

Can't Resist....

A man comes into the Confessional. "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned, it has been a long time since my last confession."
"How long, my son?"
"Since grade school, Father."
"Tell me your sins."
(details omitted for obvious reasons, but it was quite the list!)
After some counselling, praising God for the gift of Faith, the priest continues:
"For your penance, pray 10 Hail Mary's."
"I'm sorry, Father, but I don't know that prayer."
"What about the Glory Be?"
"I don't know that one, either."
"The Our Father?"
"Nope."
"What prayer do you know?"
"Father, I could say the Angelus."
"Ok, say the Angelus as your penance."

Curious as to how he could not know some of the basic prayers, but still knows the Angelus, Father had to check it out.

Sneaking out of the Confessional, he approaches the man from behind when he hears him saying in a soft voice: 'Bong, Bong, Bong, Bong; Bong, Bong, Bong, Bong."


Thank you! I'm here till Tuesday! Try the veal, it's delicious.

2 comments:

Norah said...

You do realise father that the people who know why that joke is funny had to be around before Vatican II!

Father Schnippel said...

I knew, and I wasn't around before Vat. II!

(to be fair, if Cincinnati is ten years later than the rest of the world, as Mark Twain claimed, my home town is at least ten years behind Cincinnati)