Monday, August 20, 2007

Who's your twin?

They say that everyone has a twin 'out there,' someone who looks an awful lot like them, but whom they have never met.

(For some of us, we've known our 'twin' for longer than we've been around, see the previous post.)

Sometimes we meet someone who bears an uncanny resemblence to someone we already know.

That was my experience today in confession: I nearly fell out of my chair as my Aunt Lora sat down across from me. Ok, well, this clone of my mom's youngest sister was perhaps a bit taller, maybe a few years older, but wow, facially, dead on.

I mentioned that to this clone lady after the confession was finished, and she was trying to pair me up to one of her brothers. Uncanny and kinda give you the heeby-jeebies, eh?

1 comment:

Adoro said...

At the college I went to, the entire 4 years I was there people either mistook me for someone else or asked me if X was my twin sister?

It blew me away. I actually never met this mysterious woman, which is odd, because I likely met EVERYONE ELSE on campus several times - it wasn't that big of a school. (St. Mary's U. in Winona MN).

Perhaps it's best that I never met her...it could have been disasterous for both of us. Who knows? We might have ended up writing bad Science Fiction for a living or something.