Thursday, October 25, 2007

Silence is Broken

A brief stopover during a busy week.

The visit to the Josephinum went well, our four men there are all doing well and studying hard. Please keep them in your prayers.

Theology on Tap's Fall Refresher was a hoot last night. We sampled a number of different beers from Europe and North America. A new beer type for me was a MILD beer, lower alcohol content, strong peaty and hoppy flavor. It's known as a 'session beer,' from the fact that everyone in the group would have to buy a round (up to 8 or 9 pints 'a session') so these are weaker content, but still full of flavor.

I'm off today for a round trip to Franciscan University in Steubenville before heading off to home on Saturday for my grandfather's 90th birthday party. (Now, if he would stop acting like a teenager!)

Sunday, I'm covering the morning Mass in my home parish, before running back to the Nati to see the Bengals thrash on the Steelers.

Have a great weekend, I'll post more when I get the chance.

3 comments:

Alexander said...

Thorn recently had a post about praying hard for our seminarians at the Josephinum. I know that the Josephinum is not friendly towards those who like traditional things like the TLM.

Father Schnippel said...

I specifically brought up that question while I was at the Josephinum, and without breaking confidence, I can say that this was mostly through a great deal of miscommunication and misinterpretation. I am confident that the administration of the Josephinum treats all of their students fairly and with respect.

Alexander said...

It's just that I read and heard some things going on from guys up there. Can't say much more than that.