Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sad News

Word comes this morning that Bishop Carl K. Moeddel, retired Auxilary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati has gone to his eternal reward early this morning.

As I knew him, he was a giant personality. He obviously had a great love for life, as well as the Church. He served in his capacity as Auxilary Bishop in a good way, recognizing the leadership of Archbishop Pilarczyk, but also serving as a good partner, too. They complimented each other's strengths very well.

On a personal note, I owe him a great deal. It was he who confirmed me as a junior in high school. I can't remember for sure, but I think he admitted me to both minor orders, as well as ordain me to the Diaconate.

His joy was radiant, and will be sorely missed.

Eternal Rest grant unto him, O Lord.
- And let Perpetual Light shine upon him.

May he rest in peace.
- Amen.

May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace.
- Amen.

UPDATE:

Arrangements:

Vigil Service: Friday, August 28, 2009, 6:30 PM
St. Peter in Chains Cathedral

Funeral Mass: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 11:00 AM
St. Peter in Chains Cathedral

No comments: