Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Fuller we are of this joy"

The Holy Father made his annual visit to his seminarians, those of the Diocese of Rome, on Feb. 12. Zenit provides the full text of his address.

A snippet:

Let us also bear in mind that the Lord says: "I chose you and appointed you that you should go": This is the dynamism that dwells in Christ's love; to go, in other words not to remain alone for me, to see my perfection, to guarantee eternal beatification for me, but rather to forget myself, to go as Christ went, to go as God went from the immensity of his majesty to our poverty, to find fruit, to help us, to give us the possibility of bearing the true fruit of love. The fuller we are of this joy in having discovered God's Face, the more real will the enthusiasm of love in us be and it will bear fruit.