Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just to clarify...

I'm not particularly a morning person.

This week, the pastor whom I'm in residence with is taking the week off to catch up after the Lenten/Holy Week grind.

Well, this morning, since I had the 6:15 Mass, it fell to me by lot to open the Church by 5:30 for the faithful to be able to come and pray, hence a prior to 5:00 alarm setting. (Seriously, GOD isn't up at that hour!)

I realized after walking around Church for 30 minutes, opening doors, turning on lights, getting vessels prepared, yada yada yada; I walked past a mirror and didn't see the white tab in my collar. Yep, plain old black staring back at me. argh.

Is there a way to get coffee directly into one's veins instead of having to waste time actually drinking it?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, it's called migraine formula tylenol and it contains caffeine!
(I never touch the stuff myself.)

Easter Blessings!

Rachel said...

Coffee IV drip. :)

MJ said...

I hear ya!! During the school year my alarm goes off at 5:15am. The first thing I head for is the coffee pot. Often wondered about intravenous coffee - it could start running about 5:00am!!!
Do you have white index cards or sticky notes (the longer ones) in the sacristy? I have a friend who has made use of those a few times -same early morning problem!!

Anonymous said...

It has been less than four years since you left Visi when you celebrated the 6:30am Mass with us every day!

Father Schnippel said...

Anon:

I wasn't a morning person then, either. But it is a pretty good motivator to realize that if I didn't make it to Mass, no one was having Mass that day. Gets even my lazy self out of bed!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Father Cory Sticha said...

Sounds like me this morning. I happened to touch my collar and noticed a lack of the plastic tab. Fortunately I keep one in the car.

Rich Leonardi said...

It's all what you're used to; try it for a week, and a habit will be formed.