Monday, December 4, 2006

Lessons and Carols

Yesterday, in our wonderful Cathedral, we had our annual celebration of Lessons and Carols. Mr Tony DiCello, music director both here and at the seminary, does a wonderful job of assembling traditional hymnody, carols, and motets that really lift the heart in preparation for Christ's coming at Christmas.

On a side note, I celebrated the 8:30 Mass yesterday morning here at the Cathedral. As it is the only Sunday Mass that I will celebrate during advent here, I had to wear the fancy set of purple vestments. I felt positively medieval wearing them, and would have felt right at home on the set of the next Harry Potter movie! I will try to post a pic of them soon. What is interesting is that you can tell they were designed before the Council because the back is much more ornate than the front, hmmm....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The vestments of the Cathedral are quite beautiful and I happen to know that there are MANY MANY beautiful ones in the sacristy. I hope they are worn more often as it certainly reminds us that God deserves our very best and it reminds us that we are in a holy and special place. Behave accordingly. Hope we see more of them!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.