Sunday, March 9, 2008

Straight from 'the Center of the Universe!'

(Also known as Perry, Florida)

Gay weighs in on her favorite parables, to go with Meg's in the comment box below:

Ok, Father, here are my favorites. I don't know any other bloggers either. I am humbly grateful to have "made it" on your blog. And with the proper title of my hometown to boot!! Take Care and KNOW that you are prayed for,Gay
A world that has lost its innocence hastrouble appreciating beings who are innocent. - Rabbi Shmuley Boteach

1. The parable of the Sower (Mark 4) - always challenges me to not just "take it & run with it" but to persevere (the much bigger challenge for me).

2. The parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30) I use this one with my kids (much easier than applying it to myself, you see?) to help them develop and use their gifts when they'd rather not. We all need a boost to deal with our shyness, insecurities, laziness, etc.

3. The Pharisee and the Tax Collector - humility, humility, humility. There is never enough of this virtue. God have mercy on me, a sinner. 'Nuff said.

4. The Prodigal Son - I mean who really does NOT relate (in some way, at least) to this one?? Yes! Thank you Lord for welcoming back into your arms.....more than once.

5. I think I resemble the Persistent Widow (Luke 18)....It has been said about me that I can latch on "like a junkyard dog" when engaging in apologetics. Hopefully I am gaining more temperence though. The widow in Jesus's story does encourage us to not give up when we feel called to an action.

No comments: