Monday, August 25, 2008

Praying for Priests

The article from the National Catholic Register is online:


The newest effort is the St. Michael Prayer Warriors in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. According to archdiocesan vocation director Father Kyle Schnippel, whose office is initiating this apostolate, it will be launched in September at its Call of the King Conference. But many individuals have already signed on.
The apostolate asks laity to pray at least one hour a month before the Blessed Sacrament for their archbishop and priests and for an increase in vocations to priesthood and religious life. Father Schnippel explained that while originally envisioned to be hours of Eucharistic adoration, St. Michael Prayer Warriors is flexible. Any group in a parish can pray together, and “it’s designed so it can be very easily used in families as well,” he stressed.
Members can get direction and prayer suggestions from the apostolate’s electronic newsletter, such as invoking the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Priests. The vocation office offers Holy Hour programs with Scripture readings and Rosary meditations connected to vocations, adaptable for praying before the Eucharist or in the family setting.


By the way, I'm no longer asking if you've signed up for the conference yet, now I just expect you to attend! September 21!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK already! I'll be there! Fine!

Now...if I could just get a flight...

(Wouldn't you die of surprise if I walked through the door??? lol)

Unknown said...

Hmmm... If I could get the next day off of work(not bloody likely)... Adoro and I could both walk through the door and we could give you fabulous Obama stuff.

*snicker*

Anonymous said...

The apostolate asks laity to pray at least one hour a month before the Blessed Sacrament for their archbishop and priests and for an increase in vocations to priesthood and religious life.

WHAT??? one hour a MONTH??? Please! Our Church, Priests, Ministers, Religious need it daily!!!!

Okay, okay, start with once a month... but knowing me, I'd forget which month I started & when I started! Then I'd have to start all over...(huh?)

Daily, okay, DAILY! (let me spell it out for them.... D A I L Y)

I bet they don't forget to eat. I bet they don't forget to get dressed. Interesting, isn't it? *grin*

Adoro said...

If I wasn't in class that weekend....

* sigh *

Although I don't think I could even carry Obamanation stuff with me anywhere. I'm allergic to it.

Unknown said...

I would have to wrap it in plastic or something...

Lillian Marie said...

Prayers needed - definitely!

I just saw this:

Religion Today


This is another spout of violence toward the Catholics in India. A Priest, Fr. Thomas Pandippallyil, was murdered in India last week.

Rich Leonardi said...

It's great to see the effort receive national exposure, Father; it raises the stakes a bit.