Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Feast of the Visitation

Harking back to my old stomping grounds, today is the Patronal Feast of my first parish as a priest: Our Lady of the Visitation in Mack (Westside, Cincinati!)

To my former flock, have a wonderful feast day.

Mary has always had a very special place in my heart. I was raised at Immaculate Conception Church in Botkins, Ohio; heard the initial inklings of a call to the priesthood at Our Lady's Farm in Falmouth, Kentucky; and studied at Mount St. Mary's Seminary of the West in Cincinnati before taking the assignment at Visi as a wet behind the ears baby priest.

Every chance I get, I offer her my gratitude and thanks for guiding me to this point in my life, and I regularly seek her guidance in my work as Vocation Director. She is the mother of every priest, our witness and guide.

Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God!
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

1 comment:

Alexander said...

It was a Marian feast day in the Old Calender as well; Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Salve Regina!