Apparently, Adoro is feeling sorry for me that I wasn't nominated for a blog award, so she had the audacity to tag me for the 'Parable Meme.' (By the way, how does one say 'meme' anyway? Is it one syllable, with a long 'e' sound, or two, sorta like Drew Carey's Arch-nemisis Mimi?)
1. You name your five favorite parables
2. You tag one blogger per parable.
3. It would be nice if you linked back to this post.
Ok, here goes, (does she realize how difficult this is for me?):
1) (not really a parable, but my favorite:) John 21:15-19, the 'Healing of Peter,' even though Peter messes up big time, he is still commissioned as the head of the twelve because he truly does have a heart for Jesus. An inspiration to all priests, to all sinners, really.
2) Matthew 25:31-46, the Parable of Judgement: I hope I'm on his right, and it reminds me to see Christ is the present moment, and respond!
3) Matthew 13:44-46, the Treasure and the Pearl: Don't go half heartedly in discipleship, but give it everything and go for the highest treasure. (Where your treasure is, there also will your heart be.)
4) Matthew 20:1-16, the Laborers in the Vineyard: we all get the same pay: a place at the Altar in Heaven, my job is to bring others to work for the Lord.
5) Luke 11:33-36, the Parable of the Lamp: we have a great treasure in our faith, and it enlightens (or should enlighten) all that we do, do I let that joy that comes from my relationship with Christ shine forth through my words and actions?
ok, so that's done, now I have to tag five folks, hmmm.....
I hate to do this to him, but what the heck: Fr. Fox at Bonfire, he's got a great insight.
Leonardi never does these things, but I'll still tag him.
Jackie is a regular reader and commentator, but doesn't run her own blog (YET!), she can post in the combox (even if she is currently enjoying Europe, well at least if Alitalia decided to find her bag, yet.)
Theophilus has got good insights as well at A Knight's Walk in the Kingdom.
And just because I admire the zeal that converts have and their passion for the faith, Sara at Pur Autre Vie gets the final tag.
UPDATE: Two 'Bonus Tags' go to Meg from Virginia and Gay from The Center of the Known Universe, aka Perry, Florida