Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

Well, it is the day to slaughter a large flightless bird and throw it in the oven for a few hours (or a very large deep fryer, ummm, yummy!) and carve into it to share with friends and family.

Have a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving!

A few things that my life would be empty without:

My twin brother, his wife and daughter, even though they are in Iowa :(

My friends who both support when I am down and challenge me to become better.

My family, especially my folks who have always supported me in my journey to the priesthood.

My Vocation, what a priviledge to stand in persona christi capitis and to be able to bring others more deeply into the Sacraments and a relationship with Christ.

Those who serve in the Armed Forces, for they give us the freedom to be able to spout off in so many different ways, that we do not need to worry about walking down the street. I pray for you all every day and I know God will reward you richly for your service.

They are many more things, but I will end here with these words from Archbishop Pilarczyk: Gratitude should mark the life of the believer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kyle.

We're happy to have you as a part of our lives and are looking forward to your visit in a couple of weeks. We've got some Scotch to get rid of that shold disappear that weekend. Peg said you made her day when she read this earlier.