Saturday, September 20, 2008

As an added bonus...

So, first, how did I miss this yesterday when I knew it was going to be in the paper?

Renewed and refreshed - that is the prayer a group of Cincinnatians are wishing on their priests.

The new group, the St. Michael Prayer Warriors, will begin their prayer movement on Sunday with a "Call of the King" conference from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Center, 5440 Moeller Ave., Norwood.

"People will be praying for their parish and diocesan priests - for his holiness, for his renewal and for his energy," said the Rev. Kyle Schnippel, director of vocations for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.

Schnippel said the new ministry chose St. Michael because of his image as the leader of God's army.

"We wanted an identity of people coming together to fight for the faith - in big ways and in small ways," he said. "We believe prayer with intention to support priests and more vocations to the priesthood and religious life can have an impact."

Those interested in participating in this lay ministry can attend the free conference on Sunday. Visitwww.cincinnativocations.org for more information.

I mean, I was interviewed for the article and everything?  D'oh

Thanks to Rich for posting it yesterday.

An the added bonus?  Let's just say you might get the chance to talk to someone (or two) who have known me since before I was born.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH BOY!! That (meeting people who have known you since you were born) could be VERY VERY fun!

Adoro said...

Oh....Jesus is going to be there???? COOL!

Oh...you probably mean your Mom and Dad. Tell them "hi" for me! I'd wave, but they probably wouldn't be able to see.

Anonymous said...

Julie,

Because you're so short?

Adoro said...

WAIT A MINUTE! What happened to busting on Father?!

Anonymous said...

uhhhh did I just bust on you????? :0

Adoro said...

Uh...yeah. I happen to be about half the height of Father, who, as you recall, has to sit down sometimes when air traffic control calls him and suggests he do so as he's in a flight path.

lol

Just as Father...he'll tell you...

Adoro said...

Just adding: there's a reason I look up to Father...because I HAVE to!

:-)

Unknown said...

Hope your vocation thing went well. Sorry, not in the mood to bust on Fr. had to help move a Jesuit I know from his community to another Jesuit community that has the personnel for hospice/medical care, he has pancreatic cancer that has moved to the liver and stomach. So if you could pray for him it would be appreciated, he is in a lot of pain.