Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Prayers

I've been keeping it mostly secret, but we've got a new endeavor shaping up tomorrow in the Vocation Office, but I'm struggling with what to call it.  If I were Oprah, (and thank God I am not!), I would call it a 'book club.'  But I'm not her, so we're stuck at 'discernment group,' which is thoroughly uninspiring, but perfectly descriptive.  Enough rambling:

Tomorrow evening, a number of men who are contemplating the option of the priesthood are coming together to begin a discussion on Deus Caritas Est.  Please keep them in your prayers (and include a shout or two for me leading this group.)

For those in the Cincinnati area who might be interested, contact me through the Vocation Office.

Oh, other good news: candidate #2 'MF' was accepted for the Fall.  Many more to come, but shaping up nicely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From my limited experience, "MF" is a good, good man. My wife and I recently enjoyed the pleasure of his company at a parish fish fry, and were impressed at his charity and savvy. Thank God he's answering "The Call!"

Anonymous said...

but we've got a new endeavor shaping up tomorrow in the Vocation Office, but I'm struggling with what to call it. If I were Oprah, (and thank God I am not!), I would call it a 'book club.'

How about an Opus Gathering
(Opus meaning - a great work)

one prob. - not to be confused with Opus Dei ...

oh well. back to the grindstone.
*sigh*


However, it is GREAT news!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I'll be praying for you all.

All Saints Academy said...

I am thrilled MF is accepted. he is like a son to me (and former roommate to my son). The kids love him.

Rich Leonardi said...

I love the idea of the discussion group. It will assist their formation and provide them with a bit of fellowship. And it might even inspire them to lead such things in their parishes once they're ordained.